Body Composition Testing is performed with a small machine attached to you by four electrodes. You may have heard other terms used such as Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) or Vitality, Longevity and Healthy Ageing (VLA).
The test provides valuable information which assists me as a practitioner to manage your treatment. While it gives you great information about what is going on inside, and can act to motivate you to take action, it allows me to monitor your body’s response to the exercise, diet, lifestyle and other changes you have made to move you to your optimal health.
People who may benefit from this testing include those who want to:
- Manage their body composition effectively.
- Increase muscle tone and fitness.
- Support energy levels.
- Support healthy ageing.
- Support the nutrition and health of their body.
Your personalised report includes:
- Biological Age (the age of your body and cells)
- Fat Mass
- Muscle Mass
- Cellular Health
- Energy Levels
- Fluid Balance
- Health Risks
- metabolic syndrome
For most accurate test results:
- Avoid alcohol for 24 – 48 hours
- Avoid abnormal fluid intake 2 hours prior to test (small sips of water are ok)
- Avoid eating at least 2 hours before test
- Go to the toilet before test
- Test should be performed before exercise
If you would like to discuss how BIA can support you and your health goals, contact Erin and she can answer any questions you may have about your specific situation.